We were excited to get this delicious recipe for Kokoda from The Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort courtesy of Tourism Fiji. It's a signature entrée from the hotel's Ivi Restaurant menu. It's so easy to make and totally delicious and refreshing!
This recipe is so easy to make!
First grab any white fish and cut it into bite sized chunks.
Placed the cubed fish in a bowl. Then juice 4 lemons and pour the juice over the fish, making sure that it covers the fish entirely.
Cover the fish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until the fish is opaque. Drain.
Cover the fish with 1 cup of coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
Chop all your vegetables: tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, coriander, and chili and mix throughly with the fish. Plate and serve immediately!
Kokoda Recipe: Fijian Coconut Milk Ceviche
- 7 oz fresh, cubed Mahi Mahi fillet
- 4 lemons, juiced (1 cup of citrus juice, or enough to submerge)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 red chili finely diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the mahi mahi in a large mixing bowl. Pour the citrus over the fish so that it covers it entirely.
2. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the refridgerator.
3. Check the fish after 2 hours, if it's opaque then go ahead and drain the liquid.
4. Pour the coconut milk over the fish. Salt and pepper and seson as needed
5. Add chopped shallots, cucumber, red onion, tomatos, chilis, coriander. Give everything a good mix and it's ready to serve! If you can serve it in a coconut bowl, it'll be a showstopper!