We were excited to get this delicious recipe for Kokoda from The Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort courtesy of Tourism Fiji. It's a signature entrée from the hotel's Ivi Restaurant menu. It's so easy to make and totally delicious and refreshing!
Kokoda Recipe: Fijian Coconut Milk Ceviche
- 7 oz fresh, cubed Mahi Mahi fillet
- 4 lemons, juiced (1 cup of citrus juice, or enough to submerge)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 cucumber, finely diced
- 1 red chili finely diced
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Put the mahi mahi in a large mixing bowl. Pour the citrus over the fish so that it covers it entirely.
2. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill for a minimum of 2 hours in the refridgerator.
3. Check the fish after 2 hours, if it's opaque then go ahead and drain the liquid.
4. Pour the coconut milk over the fish. Salt and pepper and seson as needed
5. Add chopped shallots, cucumber, red onion, tomatos, chilis, coriander. Give everything a good mix and it's ready to serve! If you can serve it in a coconut bowl, it'll be a showstopper!