Thank you to the Visit Split for this delicious recipe!
Turkey a la Pašticada
- 4 turkey drumsticks and upper legs de-boned
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp capers
- 3 cleaned, salted sardines
- 2 prunes
- 2 dry figs
1. Finely chop cleaned and salted sardines, prunes, figs, and onion
2. Mix together the marinade: white wine, olive oil, half the vinegar
3. Place chopped items in the marinade
4. Cut the turkey into small pieces
5. Add 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to a deep pan and put on low heat
6. In the pan, cook parsley and garlic until softened, then add the mainated and chopped items from above.
7. Increase the heat to a boil.
8. After reaching a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer for 10 minutes
9. Serve hot with polenta, boiled potatos, or rice.