We had such an amazing time prepping the Fijian Palusami for our lovo feast! There are so many delicious things to eat in Fiji! Although we cooked our palusami in a traditional underground oven, you can easily recreate the recipe at home in your oven!
1. First preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine mutton with onions and garlic. You can substitute corned mutton for corned beef. If you want to stay super authentic, you can pick up corned mutton on Amazon below.
3. Place two large sheets of foil down on a flat surface. On top of the foil, place two taro leaves.
Also see: The Ultimate Guide to Dalo Leaves
4. Add a generous spoonful of the mixture onto the middle of the leaf.
5. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk to the mixture
Fold the top taro leaf around the mixture
6. Add 1/8 cup coconut milk on top of the folded leaf. Fold the second leaf around the first leaf.
Fold the first piece of foil around the leaves to make a rectangular packet
7. Place in the 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. So delicious
Below is what it looks like if you are cooking it outside in the lovo oven.